Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

On the Eighth Day of Dressember...

It's already a week into Dressember, and I'm almost halfway to my fundraising goal
Thank you so much!

To me, Dressember is an excuse to tell people about sex trafficking, raising awareness for this social justice issue. As I shared earlier, my interest in the issue started a couple years ago while I was living and studying in Athens. Upon returning home to the good ole midwest, I had my heart set on continuing to be involved. I quickly learned that trafficking is not limited to countries abroad. I began researching what the issue looks like in the United States. Though some of the push and pull factors are the same, sex trafficking in the United States predominantly involves runaway youth who have lived through some type of traumatic event at home (i.e. domestic violence, abuse, parental drug use) and are looking for a better life. These dresses are for youth in the United States at risk for being trafficked. These dresses are for hope that individuals in trafficking situations might experience freedom and joy in a new life. Please consider donating IJM to support their efforts to end human trafficking.


Day 5
Day 6
Day 7


Also,
Day 8
GO SAINTS! - Kelly

1 comment: