Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Spreading the Word

Dressember is more than just wearing pretty dresses, it's about spreading the word

-Jaclyn Crawford

On Sunday night, I went out to dinner with my mom and told her about what I am doing this month. Her first question was "Wait, how is wearing dresses going to help stop human trafficking?" It was a good question that I had considered myself before starting the project, so I was happy to share!

In my opinion, wearing dresses for a whole month isn't an excuse to show off my dress collection or take a ridiculous amount of selfies (also,I hate selfies) But it serves as a platform to speak about the bigger issue, as a woman. I imagine, like my Mom, others will start to ask questions about the realities of modern day slavery and I am happy to answer. I see this as a platform to spread the word to others, in hopes that they will share too.

So spread the word! And here are my dress choices for the past two days:

December 2, 2013- Getting some work done at Alliance in yet another floral pattern dress :)


December 3, 2013- You can do anything in a dress! (And leggings!) This was my evening commute back home from work on a divvy bike!

My Aunt Sue even decided to get in on the fun today! Here is her picture in support of Dressember!


Thanks again for all your support! Please consider donating to the campaign today!








No comments:

Post a Comment