Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Every day I'm reminded...

Now that I'm a few days into this I'm realizing a few things....

1. I don't own as many dresses as I thought.
2. Moody dress code doesn't allow for as many of the dresses as I'd like to wear.
3. This is a month of lament.

For every dress I put on each morning I'm reminded of the women around the world who are being forced into skin tight skimpy dresses to stand on a street corner and attract male attention. They are unpaid, unable to leave and many of them under-aged.

For every dress I put on each morning a part of me breaks, knowing this problem is bigger than most realize and that for so many there is such hopelessness.

BUT for every dress I put on each morning I am filled with hope. Hope because 900+ women decided to stand together to fight.


Here is one of my favorite dresses thus far.

It has lace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment